Plugin features «Unread Issues»
How does informing work in the «Unread Issues» plugin
- Shows the number of issues, according to query, selected in plugin settings (the most logically is to count issues, assigned to you).
- Shows the number of new issues, according to selected query, that you have not viewed yet.
- Shows the number of issues, according to selected query, which had changes since your last view.
How to install the plugin «Unread Issues» in Redmine
- Make sure that your server meets the following requirements:
|Guaranteed||3.4 - 4.0||4.2, 5.2||MySQL||Chrome, Firefox, Opera,
|Should work||> 4.0||> 2.5||x||ActiveRecord compatible DB||Any modern browser|
- Open the archive with the plugin and select the folder that match to your Redmine version.
- Copy contents of the selected folder to the folder «Redmine» — «plugins».
- Copy folder «rgloader» to the root directory of «Redmine»
- Ensure that the user, under which you run the web-server, has access to the root installation folder of «Redmine». As possible solution for UNIX operating systems, run the following commands:
sudo chmod 775 -R your_redmine_root_folder sudo chown -R your_web_server_group:your_web_server_user your_redmine_folder
- Run `bundle install` to install missing gems (make sure performing command in the root installation folder of «Redmine»)
- Perform plugin migrations (make sure performing command in the root installation folder of «Redmine»):
rake redmine:plugins:migrate RAILS_ENV=production
- Restart your web-server.
sudo service apache2 restart
Create a public query in «Redmine» available for all projects.
The query could be any, but the most logical is to find issues assigned to you.
You may configure it accordingly to a screenshot.
Go to the «Unread Issues» plugin settings and choose just created query from the public queries list.
Save the plugin settings.
We recommend to use together with
«Magic My Page» — plugin for Redmine
Magic My Page — Redmine plugin with ample opportunities to customize personal page and allowing effectively use of Redmine in a corporate environment. Each employee will know when and what he needs to do.
Try Magic My Page for Free