Plugin features «Unread Issues»
How does informing work in the «Unread Issues» plugin
- Shows the number of issues, according to query, selected in plugin settings (the most logically is to count issues, assigned to you).
- Shows the number of new issues, according to selected query, that you have not viewed yet.
- Shows the number of issues, according to selected query, which had changes since your last view.
How to install the plugin «Unread Issues» in Redmine
- Make sure that your server meets the following requirements:
|Guaranteed||2.6, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2||3.2, 4.2||PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL||Chrome, Firefox,
|Should work||> 3.2||> 2.2||x||ActiveRecord compatible DB||Any modern browser|
- Copy the folder with the plugin to the plugins folder of «Redmine» — «plugins».
- Install additional plugin «Ajax Counters» in Redmine plugins folder, if you want asynchronous usage of counters. To do that - clone this plugin from «Bitbucket» by executing a command in Redmine plugins folder:
git clone https://bitbucket.org/dkuk/ajax_counters.gitThis will help to distribute the server load and increase the responsiveness of the interface.
- Install additional plugin «A Common Libs» in Redmine plugins folder. To do that - clone this plugin from «Bitbucket» by executing a command in Redmine plugins folder:
git clone https://bitbucket.org/dkuk/a_common_libs.git
- Ensure that the user, under which you run the web-server, has access to the root installation folder of «Redmine». As possible solution for UNIX operating systems, run the following commands:
sudo chmod 775 -R your_redmine_root_folder sudo chown -R your_web_server_group:your_web_server_user your_redmine_folder
- Run `bundle install` to install missing gems (make sure performing command in the root installation folder of «Redmine»)
- Perform plugin migrations (make sure performing command in the root installation folder of «Redmine»):
rake redmine:plugins:migrate RAILS_ENV=production
- Restart your web-server.
sudo service apache2 restart
Create a public query in «Redmine» available for all projects.
The query could be any, but the most logical is to find issues assigned to you.
You may configure it accordingly to a screenshot.
Go to the «Unread Issues» plugin settings and choose just created query from the public queries list.
Save the plugin settings.
We recommend to use together with
«Magic My Page» — plugin for Redmine
Magic My Page — Redmine plugin with ample opportunities to customize personal page and allowing effectively use of Redmine in a corporate environment. Each employee will know when and what he needs to do.
Try Magic My Page for Free