Presetting of plugins for KPI calculation system 1. Configuring of structure for KPI. Positions, steps, grades, departments 2. Configuring of through indicators for KPI 3. Configuring of performance indicators in KPI module 4. Configuring of calculation patterns in the module KPI 5. Configuring of calculation periods in the module KPI 6. The effectiveness of the user in the module KPI 7. Salary calculation based on KPI in Redmine 8. User rights in the calculation and view of KPI in Redmine
7. Salary calculation based on KPI in Redmine
Salary calculation in Redmine is based on employee`s KPI and his base salary. The salary consists of base salary, piece-part, employee`s spent time, surcharges, deductions and requested prepayment.
Salary in the KPI module can be calculated on the basis of KPI indicators. In the general case salary is calculated by the following formula:
- Base salary — base for salary calculation.
- Hours actually worked — the number of hours worked by the employee in a given month.
- Norm of working hours per month — norm of hours that the employee should work in the calculation period.
- Piece part of payment — salary not depending on the hourly norm.
- Employee effectiveness - the final effectiveness of the calculation period.
- Surcharges — do not depend on the efficiency. May be set by manager or employee by his own, depending on the settings, and require approvement of responsible person.
- Salary on the basis of effectiveness
- Prepayment — put down by employee or it`s manager. Requires approval of manager. Prepayment is available to fill in only in calculation period, marked as main for the user.
- Total salary — salary net of prepayment.
At the same time, depending on the settings of the principle of payroll processing may be missing base salary or piece-part. Base salary can be set explicitly or through the mesh of grades and steps. In severe cases, to calculate base salary or piece-part can be used formula, rendering which is carried out using the format MathML, and the calculation is described by ruby-expression and uses the values from through indicators, individual indicators, hours norm, actually worked hours and base salary.
For this purpose in module KPI select item Grade-steps in the sidebar.
Fill in values and save the table. The values of wages for step in columns can not go beyond the minimum and maximum for the grade.
Open the configuration of the calculation period «IT Manager». On the tab Salary enable option Calculate salary based on steps.
Set Base salary calculation pattern in «Only salary».
Make sure that Clock rate is taken from planned values of the corresponding through indicator. If necessary, it is possible to change it manually directly in the calculation period.
Open the configuration of the calculation period «HR Manager». On the tab Salary check that the option Calculate salary based on steps is enabled and set Base salary directly.
Set Base salary calculation pattern in «Jobprice and salary».
Make sure that Clock rate is taken from planned values of the corresponding through indicator.
If there are any surcharges that we want to enable in calculation period, then you can enable them here and fill in with values, if they should be the same for all employees in a given calculation period.
Surcharges in KPI module
Surcharges are used to account for in the salary amounts not related to efficiency. Surcharges can be such payments or deductions as «Compensation of cellular communication», «Business travel», «Shortage», «Compensation of fuel», etc.
Each of surcharges has a number of options:
- Type — Deduction or Surcharge
- Changable by user — surcharge may be put down by the user himself. Usually used in conjunction with option Requiring approval.
- Changable by user with rights — surcharge may be put down by the user with the appropriate rights.
- Some values — surcharge can be put down more than once in the calculation period.
- Requiring approval — if surcharge is putted down, it will be sent for approval to person, responsible for the control of surcharges.
- Do not calculate in the average salary — amount for this surcharge will not affect the salary analytics.
- Ability to edit via API — whether the amount of surcharge be changed by an external system through the API.
A list of all available surcharges is stored in the system and can be used when configuring the calculation period or later be distributed at any of the open calculation periods. Thus, in both cases it is possible to set pre-configured value of surcharge.
To create surcharges, select the item KPI in the top menu, then in the drop-down menu, select the item Surcharges.
Above the list of surcharges press Add a surcharge and fill in fields according to the example.
Similarly, create a second surcharge for compensate the sport. And permit to put her down the user himself.
In the opened dialog, specify all available calculation periods for the month and press the button «Add to».
Go to the effectiveness of the user «Lev Tolstoy». Make sure that formula for calculating salary corresponds with the configured in the calculation period, and base salary is taken from the grade and step grid. Click on the «0» in the field «Surcharges» in the formula of salary calculation.
Choose «Sport» of the available surcharges and set it`s sum. If necessary, add an explanation on what grounds surcharge is added. And save the surcharge.
If the surcharge does not require approvement, the result of payroll changes immediately.
Open the effectiveness of the user «John Smith». Make sure that all marks are filled in, or are disabled in the periods where the evaluation is not required.
Set actual value of worked hours, by clicking on the appropriate field in the formula (the numerator of the ratio of hours).
Close the calculation period for the employee.
Open the effectiveness of the user «Lev Tolstoy». Make sure that all marks are filled in and try to close it.
Get a warning explaining the reason of impossibility of action. Closing of the manager`s calculation period is permissible only if periods of all it`s subordinates in the same month are closed, and all the marks, that a person had to fill in, are putted down.
When the calculation period is closed, any changes on marks, salaries, etc., is impossible.