Presetting of plugins for KPI calculation system 1. Configuring of structure for KPI. Positions, steps, grades, departments 2. Configuring of through indicators for KPI 3. Configuring of performance indicators in KPI module 4. Configuring of calculation patterns in the module KPI 5. Configuring of calculation periods in the module KPI 6. The effectiveness of the user in the module KPI 7. Salary calculation based on KPI in Redmine 8. User rights in the calculation and view of KPI in Redmine
5. Configuring of calculation periods in the module KPI
Calculation period — the main object of KPI, which is a combination of KPI calculation pattern and the month in which the calculation is made by this pattern.
Calculation period contains all the data required to calculate the KPI in the specified month:
- month for which calculation should be made;
- list of persons who are covered by the calcilation period;
- KPI pattern, on the basis of which it is calculated;
- a list of performance indicators with their weights;
- who will put down actual values of indicators (estimates), and what contribution to the overall performance makes each of them;
- data on wages, the formula of its calculation, the amount of the prepayment, allowable surcharges and deductions.
One employee may have several different calculation periods in one month. Efficiency of person in each calculation period is calculated separately. Sometimes within the calculation period it is not necessarily to put down all the marks — in the case of vacation or illness of the employee. Therefore, in the settings of period there is an option Who can disable marks. Also possible to enable option Do not truncate kpi, which will allow to calculate the real effectiveness of the employee, without limitations, specified in the KPI plugin settings.
Option Do not copy automatically prohibit copying period to the next month by task, copying all periods. It is necessary to create a calculation period, which will be used only once.
The calculation period can be in the following states:
- New - in the common list is displayed with a white background. In this state you can change settings of the calculation period, but filling in marks or calculation of the actual values is impossible. On the page of the user`s effectiveness such calculation period is not visible.
- Activated - in the common list is displayed with a green background. In this state, you may fill in actual values (estimates), put down the amount of surcharges, prepayments, carry out the overall calculation of the KPI efficiency.
- Closed - in the list is displayed with a pink background. In this state filled in marks, the overall efficiency and the amount of wages stabilized and can not be changed. It is possible to open a calculation period back.
Calculation period must be closed by immediate manager of the employee after checking all the indicators and the amount of payroll. If you want the accounting period to be closed by another person, it is possible to specify this in the period settings in the field Calculation period manager in the parameters of the calculation period on the tab Period managers. Calculation period of manager can not be closed until you close all periods of his subordinates. Calculation period of any employee can not be closed if he does not fill in all the marks, which he had to fill in.
In the top menu, select the item KPI, then in the drop-down menu, select the item Calculation periods.
Click on the link Add new calculation period.
Select the current month in the field Calculation period and select Calculation pattern — «IT Manager».
After creation of the calculation period it is necessary to set other settings. At first, specify Plan values on the appropriate tab.
Set plan value for the indicator Performance of official duties (managers) at 105%, and Closed Issues in the amount of 12 pcs.
On the tab Who will add the actual values you must specify persons responsible for putting down actual values of the KPI.
One and the same indicator may be affixed by several people. Therefore it is important to specify the weight of evaluation of each person filling in mark. The sum of all weights on one indicator must be equal to 100%.
If nobody is specified for the performance indicators, it is assumed that the actual values fills in the immediate supervisor of the employee with weight of 100%.
After all the settings of the calculation period are filled in, you must activate it. For this purpose press the link Активировать on top of the calculation period.
If after activation in calculation period will be added the new employee, the calculation period for an employee can be activated by enabling a checkbox in the settings tab of the calculation period Assigned list.
Similarly create and activate calculation period for programmers with a pattern «Programmers Pattern» for the user «John Smith».
Set plan value for the indicator Performance of official duties (executor) at 100%,, and Closed Issues in the amount of 12 pcs.
Add User «Lev Tolstoy» for filling in marks on all indicators, but for filling in mark on indicator Performance of official duties (executor) add HR employee «Olga Kerucheva».
Set weights on indicator Performance of official duties (executor) in 40% and 60%, which gives a total of 100%. For the rest of marks set 100% because just one person puts them.
Similar to the previous steps, create and activate calculation period for tester «Jane Jonson» based on pattern «Testers Pattern».
Marks on indicator Bugs Found will fill in «Lev Tolstoy», and on indicator Performance of official duties (executor) — «Lev Tolstoy» and «Olga Kerucheva».
For HR employee — «Olga Kerucheva» create a new calculation period on the basis of pattern «HR manager».
Will no longer change anything and try to activate the calculation period.
When you try to activate it, you get a message that the planned values have not been established. They can be put down manually before activation, but as for this performance indicator used values of through indicators, which can be simultaneously applied to the values in a variety of calculation periods, they can be fill in automatically all at once before activation through regular tasks.
Execution of procedures
Procedures (tasks) are necessary for automatic perform actions on a variety of objects in the module KPI simultaneously. Currently there are some basic tasks, which can be executed from the user interface as well as configure them to run automatically in the crontab:
- Copy all calculation periods from current month to the next month — when you need to copy all calculation periods from the current month to the next month. Periods marked with flag Do not copy will not be copied when performing this procedure.
- Copy all calculation periods from previous month to the current month — when you need to copy all calculation periods from the previous month to the current month. Periods marked with flag Do not copy will not be copied when performing this procedure.
- Calculation of marks plan values — calculates and fills in all the planned values that can be set automatically, for example on the basis of through indicators.
- Calculation of marks fact values — calculates and fills in all the actual values that can be calculated automatically, for example on the basis of through indicators or by calculation pattern based on subordinates indicators values, etc.
Generally Calculation of marks plan values is needed before activation of all calculation periods for a month, and Calculation of marks fact values before closing calculation periods. Although you can perform recalculation in a particular period for a single user in the efficiency interface.
For filling in plan values for all users you need to select menu item «Performing procedures» on the sidebar in KPI module interface.
Click «Execute» opposite procedure Calculation of marks plan values.
After performing procedure of recalculation plan values, you can open calculation period «HR managers» and make sure that the plan values are filled in.
You can now activate this calculation period.