Instructions for installing the plugin «Goals»
- Make sure that your server meets the system requirements for plugin «Goals»
|Guaranteed||3.4 - 4.0||4.2, 5.2||MySQL||Chrome, Firefox, Opera,
|Should work||> 4.0||> 2.5||x||ActiveRecord compatible DB||Any modern browser|
- Make sure that you transfer files to the server in the binary mode if copying files via ftp or ssh-client.
- You can also read our instructions on the use of the plugin Goals
- All the files used in the instructions, you can download in your personal account page.
- Download version of plugin that match to your Redmine version.
- Unzip the archive with the plugin «Goals»
- Copy the folder with the plugin «Goals» in the plugins folder of «Redmine» — «plugins»
- Download archives «a_common_libs», «global_roles».
- Open archives with plugins and select folders that match to your Redmine version.
- Copy contents of selected folders to the folder «Redmine» — «plugins».
- Copy folder «rgloader» to the root directory of «Redmine»
- Ensure that the user, under which you run the web-server, has access to the root installation folder of «Redmine». As possible solution for UNIX operating systems, run the following commands:
sudo chmod 775 -R your_redmine_root_folder sudo chown -R your_web_server_user:your_web_server_group your_redmine_folder
- Run `bundle install` to install missing gems (make sure performing command in the root installation folder of «Redmine»)
- Perform plugin migrations (make sure performing command in the root installation folder of «Redmine»):
rake redmine:plugins:migrate RAILS_ENV=production
- Restart your web-server.
Go to the «A common libs» plugin settings and make sure that all flags expect «jqPlot» and «only components for plugin Luxury Buttons» are enabled.
Go to «Redmine» settings and select the tab «Issue tracking». Enable option «Allow cross-project issue relations» and set option «Allow cross-project subtasks» in a state of «With all projects».
Enable module «Goals» in the settings of those projects where you plan to create subgoals or bind issues to goals.
Go to the «Goals» plugin settings and configure at least the following items:
Specify trackers, which will be interpreted as «Goal».
Select the project for the goals tree. This should be a separate project, where is no standard activity. All of the key goals of the upper level are created in it.
It is recommended to enable a restriction on subtasks for common issues (not goals).
It is strongly recommended to prohibit relations between the goals. Otherwise, large trees will work very slowly.
Select the custom field with type «date» to be able to specify term in goals, from which the executor should begin to achieve the goal. Make sure that the field is available for trackers interpreted as «Goal».
Select the custom field with type «date» for the deadline, that will be considered as critical for achieving the goal. Make sure that the field is available for trackers interpreted as «Goal».
Select the custom field with type «date» for the date when the goal is considered to be achieved. Make sure that the field is available for trackers interpreted as «Goal».
Configure the request for fast binding issues and goals. It is recommended to to set up with these settings: Assigned set to is «me», Tracker set to is «Goal», Status set to is not «Closed».